Jade Shamrocks

Monday, May 08, 2006

The final count down . . .

As I sit here on my last evening alone in my home - surrounded by 20 incomplete projects, I opened an email from my brother. Once again I am reminded I am the luckiest woman in the world. Just when I can barely contain my joy in the events of the next week and the love and support I've received from so many, I get these pictures in the my email. . .





Ok - you can't make that up, people! I love this family!!! I sure hope she has the same sense of humor. We're off to a good start as the character for her name Xiao means "to laugh"!!

The tears of joy and laughter have officially begun! After all this time, I love being able to answer "Friday" to the "when do you leave for China" question. Sheila and Ger board their flight to San Francisco in 5 hours, and the games begin.

Let's see . . .

Sheila's suitcase looks like she's going on a relief effort mission with Doctors Without Borders. She's the "I have it" girl. (including peanut butter. . . I keep trying to tell her we have supermarkets in SF . . .) She will undoubtedly be praised often on the trip.

Ger pulled her suitcases out at 4:30pm tonight. She had no need to worry, because Sheila will have it. She did a GREAT job with gathering gifts for the orphanage and foster family. Thanks out to her lunch bunch for the generous assist. Ger's mission - 1 niece, all home. We're not even going to think about the deportation from England or the warrant in Mexico. Really.

After my friend Di thought to look in my washing machine for my missing cell phone, and was right . . . I spent the day running errands on the to do list she made for me - interrupted periodically with a very loud gangsta rap ring-tone on my new phone that I can't seem to get rid of. (all my numbers - although clean and fresh smelling - are no more. So when I return, not only will I be busy, but "couldn't find your number" will be true.)

So - all is right in the world. I've refused offers for the Briscoe Adoption Reality Show. A sit-com may be a worth discussion, however.

A little more packing, a little fun in SF, and we're off to China on Friday.

Thanks for the email, Brendan. xoxo

2 Comments:

  • So excited for you!!!! I have been thinking adn praying for you both and am happy that you are finally going to meet the little joy. Yay! I will continue to pray for y'all of course!

    By Blogger Christine, at 12:12 AM  

  • Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home