Jade Shamrocks

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We're going to China!

Sorry for the long absence, but while I didn't have any news, I wanted to leave her pics on the top of the site.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the notes, posts, prayers, gifts and good wishes. I'm not sure she will every fully understand how loved and welcomed she is, as she turned 8 months old on Sunday. I'll work on making sure that she does.

Now - NEWS! Sheila, Geraldine and I leave for China on May 12th.

The travel approval (TA) and the Consulate Appointment (CA) have been received. We are required to be in Beijing on Sunday, May 14th - Mother's Day! We will leave a day early, so we can hit The Wall, so to speak. We'll be returning on May 26th - one day after Mom & Dad's 43rd wedding anniversary. Hmm . . . We'll have to go shopping in China . . .

Basic schedule:
Friday, May 12th - fly to China
Saturday - Arrive in Beijing
Sunday - sightseeing at the Great Wall and touring Beijing
Monday, May 15th - Orientation and tour of Tiananmen Square and The Emperor's Palace
Tuesday, May 16th - to Nanchang, Jiangxi province to meet 9 month old Xiao Shuang!!!! MY mother's day!!!
- about 5 more days in Nanchang, then to Guangzhou.
May 24 & 25 - Visa paperwork in Guangzhou.
Friday, May 26th - Back to USA. Home!!

Somewhere between the 16th and the 24th, she will have her new name. I'm still deciding : )
Since I've waited this long, I'm going to wait to meet her. I promise not to have "Baby Briscoe" on her passport.

While I'm away - Sandy & Steve tie the knot! Robbie (I mean Rob) gets confirmed! Kimberly & Barry visit for Bay to Breakers (so close to meeting both your new "nieces"! But I'm glad you're staying at my place) and Leticia turns ?-0! I do love the spring! Sorry to miss these important events. Best wishes to all!

Gotta run - plane tickets to book!

Love, Maryellen

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home